A new information from Amazon.com today: it is now selling a lot more Kindle e-books compared to print guides.
This is not just shocking while Amazon had earlier announced which Kindle publication sales got surpassed hardbound sales plus much more recently acquired overtaken paperback e-book sales. Actually, we are really not certain why the actual announcement did not come previous because you’ll figure that when Kindle e-book product sales had handed both hardbound and publication sales, they will be ahead of time overall. However apparently certainly not. As yet, at any rate.
Here are the numbers Amazon is highlighting in its press release:
- Since April 1, for every 100 print books Amazon.com has sold, it has sold 105 Kindle books. This includes sales of hardcover and paperback books by Amazon where there is no Kindle edition. Free Kindle books are excluded and if included would make the number even higher.
- So far in 2011, the tremendous growth of Kindle book sales, combined with the continued growth in Amazon’s print book sales, [has] resulted in the fastest year-over-year growth rate for Amazon’s U.S. books business, in both units and dollars, in over 10 years. This includes books in all formats, print and digital. Free books are excluded in the calculation of growth rates.
- In the five weeks since its introduction, Kindle with Special Offers for only $114 is already the bestselling member of the Kindle family in the U.S.
- Amazon sold more than 3x as many Kindle books so far in 2011 as it did during the same period in 2010
- Less than one year after introducing the UK Kindle Store, Amazon.co.uk is now selling more Kindle books than hardcover books, even as hardcover sales continue to grow. Since April 1, Amazon.co.uk customers are purchasing Kindle books over hardcover books at a rate of more than 2 to 1.
“We had substantial hopes this happens ultimately, but many of us never dreamed it might come about this quickly–we’ve already been selling printing books regarding Fifteen years as well as Kindle publications for under Several years,Inch Bezos said.
Usually the one statement worthy of examining somewhat further is approximately Amazon’s rise in printing book revenue. As printing sales still decline drastically overall, Amazon’s obtain is evidently a sign that it must be taking business far from conventional and impartial booksellers. Borders, needless to say, filed regarding bankruptcy trapped on tape and it has sealed about Thirty percent of its retailers (about 200) since Barnes & Noble additionally shutters pick stores round the country.